Vetkoek fritters with biltong & herb dip
PREPARE THE DIP:
1. Mix all the ingredients together using a spatula or spoon (you can also use electric beaters).
2. Transfer to a small bowl and neaten the surface. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
PREPARE THE FRITTERS:
3. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, curry powder, milk and egg – do not overmix, you want it to just come together.
4. Heat about 5cm deep oil in a heavy based pot over medium heat, then drop heaped teaspoons of the batter into the hot oil (test some to see if it sizzles).
5. Fry in batches until golden on both sides then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve hot with the biltong dip on the side.