Altima Estate is the first producing Wine Estate in the Western Cape of South Africa. We have been cultivating Black Perigord truffles since 2009, and started harvesting truffles in 2019.Tuber melanosporum or Black truffles can be cultivated and are harvested in the Winter time from mid-May to the end of July every year.
Our truffles are retrieved by dedicated and disciplined team of Hanene van Dyk (Truffle hunter) and our pack of Truffle hunting dogs Although there is only 10 weeks to the Truffle Season, Hanene practices daily for 10 months of the year with the dogs to keep them in a routine, and engaged in the action and reward cycle.
We work with Lagotto Romagnolo dogs. The original Pair, Dick and Cara, were imported from Alba, Italy. They are not only super smart and have an exceptional sense of smell, they are also very loving and loyal.
We confirm that the following protocols against Covid19 are in place:
- All staff members, contractors, suppliers and guests are temperature screened upon arrival at the Estate.
- Face masks are required for staff members, guides & travelers in public areas.
- Staff members have received the required Covid19 training, and are issued with all necessary PPE.
- Hand sanitizer is available to all travelers and staff in numerous contact points.
- High-traffic areas are regularly sanitized throughout the day.
- Gear/equipment is sanitized between use.
- Guest transportation vehicles are sanitized between each use.
- Contactless payments options available in our Visitors facilities.
- Spacious seating arrangements are available in all guest areas.
- The Estate has a paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.
- Group visits are restricted to no more than 10 guests at this time, and a maximum of 20 guests are permitted per venue per hour.
We look forward to welcoming you at the Estate
To use this site you must be 18 years or older. By clicking yes, you accept the terms and conditions of this site.
© 2023 Cape of Good Hope. All right reserved.